Students can develop their competencies in understanding visual, narrative and non-narrative passages as well as summary writing skills through a wide range of reading and answering strategies with this book. Containing 10 papers to provide ample practice, students will find Comprehension: Strategies for Excellence a suitable tool to revise and prepare for the examinations.
The following sections have been designed to address specific areas in English comprehension:
- Strategies Section teaches reading strategies explicitly so that students know what they are expected to do when reading. Activities are provided so students can apply what they have learnt immediately.
- Practice Papers provide students with adequate practice on various strategies in order to develop their competency as well as confidence.
- Test Papers give students a chance to gauge their level of ability in a test setting.
- Progress Section allows students to record and chart their progress.
Suggested answers and rubrics are provided for all sections.
Unique Features of Comprehension: Strategies for Excellence
This series provides:
- Wide range of comprehension strategies to answer various types of questions.
- Practices specially crafted to improve comprehension skills
- Tips on exam questions; pointers to guide and encourage independent learning
- Detailed answers to encourage independent learning